Tuesday, 19 June 2007

Introducing Lesotho

For many of you, Lesotho is just the name of a country. So, to help introduce you to where Wendy and I are going, here are two links which will provide a sense for the country.

The first link is to a web-site that has a great variety of pictures from Lesotho. Check out the "Winter in Lesotho" ones. (Brrrr ..., I am asking myself why I chose summer to leave Canada to arrive in Lesotho in winter.) Yes, most of the winter pictures are from up in the mountains, and not Maseru where we will be, but you will see that it does snow in Africa. Here is the link: http://www.trc.org.ls/country_picture_galleries.htm .

The next link is to a weather site where you can check out the temperatures in the area. So visit http://weather.msn.com/local.aspx?wealocations=wc:LTXX0001 for the latest temperatures and forecast for Maseru (though sometimes the latest update will actually be for Bloemfontein, an hour or so across the border in South Africa).

~ Benno ~

No comments: