I continue to be so grateful for the family and friends in Canada who sent a few dollars now and then that allow us to serve others here. The two girls are both orphans. Mabeta is one of the Khasapane children, from the family we have ‘adopted’. The other lives with an aunt across the back fence. What they both had in common was a lack of warm outer layers with winter coming on. So with funds from home (Canada), off we went.
I guess I really didn’t take them shopping. It was more me leaning on a hand rail watching the rhythms of the street, while they did their shopping. The girl from next door was the more savvy shopper. In short order she had found a couple of hoodies for herself, a new outfit for her little boy, and some small things for the aunt and two cousins she lives with. (Showing me the lacy red bra she bought for her girl cousin had this father of sons sputtering and more than a bit at a loss for words.)
Mabeta was more circumspect, much more conscious of cost. She purchased just one hoodie. But is seemed to be something she was so delighted to have. I sent some extra dollars home with her for the rest of the family, and that whole family is now a bit better outfitted for winter.
The girl next door attends church with us so we were able to get a picture of her little eight month old in his new duds the next Sunday.
Girls, girls every where ...
Wendy takes much delight in our two female Canadian roommates. For once she is not in the minority she says. And below are the only colleagues I could find for a recent hike.

~ Benno ~




No comments:
Post a Comment