Feeling the kindness
the friendliness
the warm welcome
in their eyes
Coming back to Canada
seeing the most dramatic skies
seeing the rolling fields
seeing all the beauty
unfolding before our eyes
Coming back to Canada
reconnecting with friends so dear
special times spent reminiscing
all the years and space between us
just disappears
Coming back to Canada
wrapping myself in
each embrace
fills my spirit
with their love and grace
Coming back to Canada
reminds me of
everything I hold dear
people
peace,
freedom to be,
celebration of diversity,
kindness and hospitality
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
the friendliness
the warm welcome
in their eyes
Coming back to Canada
seeing the most dramatic skies
seeing the rolling fields
seeing all the beauty
unfolding before our eyes
Coming back to Canada
reconnecting with friends so dear
special times spent reminiscing
all the years and space between us
just disappears
Coming back to Canada
wrapping myself in
each embrace
fills my spirit
with their love and grace
Coming back to Canada
reminds me of
everything I hold dear
people
peace,
freedom to be,
celebration of diversity,
kindness and hospitality
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Our first stop was a quick trip up to see my mom in Dapp, AB
My mom (Margaret) looking pretty dubious about all that hair on Jared
Ah, now she's okay with this hairy grandson!
My brother Ken's family. This was our first time to meet our new nephew-in-law, Philip, Mandy's husband (the really tall one!)
Benno playing with the kids! Megan is giving Benno a ride on the quad.
Next stop was to visit with friends from way back in Barrhead, AB. This was a special time of getting reacquainted and caught up on people’s lives--people who are like family-- our friends from long ago in Barrhead, but when we get together the years just disappear...well, other than in how much the kids grow! Thanks so much for the wonderful time we could spend with you. God continue to bless you!
Friends
Isn’t it amazing
Isn’t it ironic
that we can be years away
miles apart
and still hold each other
in our hearts
Isn’t it awesome
Isn’t it wondrous
that there’s a bond
that ties us tighter
than time
and space
There’s this magical place
within our hearts
that holds us together
even when we are far
apart
The space inside us
knows no time constraints
no place restrictions
no limitations
to the strong connections
of the heart
Isn’t it amazing
Isn’t it ironic
that we can be years away
miles apart
and still hold each other
in our hearts
Isn’t it awesome
Isn’t it wondrous
that there’s a bond
that ties us tighter
than time
and space
There’s this magical place
within our hearts
that holds us together
even when we are far
apart
The space inside us
knows no time constraints
no place restrictions
no limitations
to the strong connections
of the heart
We stayed with Gary and Judy on their farm, and Judy and I went quadding to check out the crops. Here’s Judy by one of their Canola crops.
Gary and Benno “Talkin’ Farming”
~~~~~
Stop #3: Benno’s ‘Fath Family Reunion’ with his immediate family, to celebrate Rose and Gavin’s 25th. Anniversary--various pics
Rose, Deb, Linda, Benno, Dale, Ruth, and Mom in the center of it all!
The kitchen elves/real men DO do dishes! Jared and Glen
Benno and Jillian with their twins, Mac and Mac
It was so wonderful having Jillian with us for 10 weeks in Lesotho. We brought her back to Canada, but we surely will miss her!
Just good times to be together--our niece, Melissa and Linda
Melissa is doing much better than two years ago, after having surgery which relieved a lot of pressure on her brain, greatly reducing her seizures and other side-effects of the brain tumor. We just keep praying for God's grace on her and her mom, dad and brother.
It was so wonderful having Jillian with us for 10 weeks in Lesotho. We brought her back to Canada, but we surely will miss her!
Melissa is doing much better than two years ago, after having surgery which relieved a lot of pressure on her brain, greatly reducing her seizures and other side-effects of the brain tumor. We just keep praying for God's grace on her and her mom, dad and brother.
~~~~~
Next we headed down to the Coast to visit folks there. The visits were wonderful, and the weather was gorgeous—HOT temperatures of 36-38C
I sure enjoyed getting to play with Meg and Towa
A Tribute to my Lovely Niece, Megumi
Thanks for reminding me that PLAY is a highly worth endeavor
Realizations come
unexpectedly
when we are placed in situations
unbidden
yet not unwelcomed
surprising
yet fortuitous
Joy comes
unexpectedly
when we are placed in situations
unbidden
that unravel us from
the everyday routine
from the mundane
When a little girl says,
‘Play with me’
unexpectedly
I discover joy
when placed in a situation
unbidden
yet not unwelcome
surprising myself
with the rediscovery
of joy
in play
When it was time to leave, Megumi just wanted me to stay and play and I chuckled and told her that soon enough she’d be all grown up and would not have any desire to spend time with an ‘old lady’. She insisted that she would, so I wrote up an agreement that we both signed. I kept half and she has the other half. It’s an agreement that even when she’s older she’ll still want to play with me.
I’ll hold her to it!

Seeing Mamoruti was a pleasure and a relief! My Basotho gal who got a scholarship to UBC IS surviving and thriving there!
We also got to spend time with my friendly giant son, Byron. He was down in Chilliwack doing some of his military training.

My sister, Maureen, Randy, Joe and Cody made us so welcome and we really enjoyed some relaxing times at their place and traveling to some recreational spots around and about Kamloops.
Thanks for reminding me that PLAY is a highly worth endeavor
Realizations come
unexpectedly
when we are placed in situations
unbidden
yet not unwelcomed
surprising
yet fortuitous
Joy comes
unexpectedly
when we are placed in situations
unbidden
that unravel us from
the everyday routine
from the mundane
When a little girl says,
‘Play with me’
unexpectedly
I discover joy
when placed in a situation
unbidden
yet not unwelcome
surprising myself
with the rediscovery
of joy
in play
When it was time to leave, Megumi just wanted me to stay and play and I chuckled and told her that soon enough she’d be all grown up and would not have any desire to spend time with an ‘old lady’. She insisted that she would, so I wrote up an agreement that we both signed. I kept half and she has the other half. It’s an agreement that even when she’s older she’ll still want to play with me.
I’ll hold her to it!
My sister, Maureen, Randy, Joe and Cody made us so welcome and we really enjoyed some relaxing times at their place and traveling to some recreational spots around and about Kamloops.
Staying with my sister, Laurie and bro-in-law, Bob always is just a pleasure—so relaxing at their cabin high on the banks of the Frazer River in BC. This was a great time to seeing our nieces and nephew and growing grandnieces and nephew too!

Hot tubin’ it in the summer? Why not! Just add some cold water and enjoy!

Great day at the DUNE at Farwell Canyon in BC…with Bob and Brooke
‘Grandnephews’ come in…hmmm…different forms it seems! Brooke’s baby, Kaos is much gentler than his name would suggest!
Benno and his aunt, Grace -- visit in Surrey
We managed to visit quite a few of Benno’s extended family and catch up on family news.
Dear friends, Tom and Monica, whom we’ve known since shortly after we were married—back to our Whitecourt days and the days of our small black angus cattle herd.

Our wonderful friends and partners in the journey from CrossRoads Church in Red Deer.
LEAVING THOSE I LOVE
How do I say thank you
and I love you
to those who mean so much more
than they will ever know
Leaving behind me here
So many who are so dear
Taking you with me in my heart
Wards off the fear
of leaving you
of knowing that I am far away
How do I leave
but how do I stay
when there is more need to go
and there is a voice calling
that I must obey.
Flying away
Flying to
Away we go
off to destinations
and destiny
we’ve been called to
Far from those
we love
Near to others
we love too
Feeling
torn in two
yet whole in knowing
that this going
is the right thing to do
God’s given us this time to go
So we will not stay…
Flying away
but closer to0
~Wendy~
Hot tubin’ it in the summer? Why not! Just add some cold water and enjoy!
Great day at the DUNE at Farwell Canyon in BC…with Bob and Brooke
‘Grandnephews’ come in…hmmm…different forms it seems! Brooke’s baby, Kaos is much gentler than his name would suggest!
Benno and his aunt, Grace -- visit in SurreyWe managed to visit quite a few of Benno’s extended family and catch up on family news.
Our wonderful friends and partners in the journey from CrossRoads Church in Red Deer.
LEAVING THOSE I LOVE
How do I say thank you
and I love you
to those who mean so much more
than they will ever know
Leaving behind me here
So many who are so dear
Taking you with me in my heart
Wards off the fear
of leaving you
of knowing that I am far away
How do I leave
but how do I stay
when there is more need to go
and there is a voice calling
that I must obey.
Flying away
Flying to
Away we go
off to destinations
and destiny
we’ve been called to
Far from those
we love
Near to others
we love too
Feeling
torn in two
yet whole in knowing
that this going
is the right thing to do
God’s given us this time to go
So we will not stay…
Flying away
but closer to0
~Wendy~
3 comments:
Excellent Job!!!!!
Cool poetry Auntie.
and that looks like a big bison head. :P
What beautiful poems Wendy.
Post a Comment