Sunday, 15 July 2012

Mariha (Winter) Snows

Snow in Africa.  When we first left for Africa, most folks sending us off, talked about how warm it would be.  I think folks may have doubted us when we talked about snow in 
Africa.
Not the Canadian Rockies this time,
the Thaba Putsoa (Blue Mountains) of Lesotho.  

And this is the lowlands, where snow falls much less frequently.

A village clocked in snow and cloud.

Recently I was driving on a snowy day.  It was invigorating is some strange way, driving with snow falling.  Might I be missing Canadian winters more than I thought? 

~ Benno ~

1 comment:

Jared said...

The answer is, probably you are. But hey, looks beautiful. As for myself, I always enjoy the 'trim line' of snow we get in Van-City. You can see the snow as an almost perfect line at a certain altitude in North Vancouver when you're on top of Burnaby Mountain. Really beautiful!