Folks, my regrets that you have not heard from me for a few days. We have encountered a bit of a challenge with our phone and Internet service. What should have taken an hour to resolve is into it's fourth day, and the real encouraging folks at Beautiful Gate just happened to note that another person waited five weeks to get a problem resolved.
So this is just a quick update from an Internet Cafe to say we are well. In fact Wendy could probably be described as better than well. After the bit of a rocky start to her teaching role she has settled in and now describes work as something she looks forward to each day.
At Beautiful Gate we continue to be challenged without access to electricity. It is now nearly four weeks since the three month old generator failed, for the third time, this time a broken rocker arm (?) in the motor, and the company has not been concerned that we are caring for 30+ babies in terms of offering a replacement or getting the broken one repaired quickly. It has been frustrating and challenging for all.
I will provide more information once some of the current challenges are resolved. And, I am finding I miss the contact with home without internet access, even if it is just checking the blog to see how many more contacts there has been.
~ Benno ~
1 comment:
Hullo Uncle I have not talked to you for a wile now I know y eh? talk to you soon
Post a Comment