Africa, oh Africa. We will see what time brings but it was good to be back after our visit last year. The people, the interactions, the sights, the sounds, the rhythms, the past and current history. I can not convey in words the impact on me, but it is good to back.
Then of course is was so good to see our son, Dylan, who met us at the airport.
It was also good to visit where Dylan volunteers, the Joseph Project. I was so impressed by this organization - working with what it had. If one were to conduct a needs assessment for the organization there would be no end of needs. But they have chosen to focus on what assets they have - using what they have innovatively and creatively. To this they have added order and structure and the result is a welcoming, safe and workable facility where kids can learn.
After an afternoon crash (sleeping on an airplane was less restful than I had hoped) Dylan had me off to a basketball court. Here I met some of his friends – young African men, students mainly, whose lives he is becoming part of. They even got me on a court for a bit.
Yes, full cultural immersion and adaptation is coming. Lesotho will be a more of a challenge, we will not have Dylan to break the trail, but for the moment I am going to enjoy Africa and what I am experiencing.
~ Benno ~
1 comment:
Hi, Uncle it so exciting to know you have arrived in Africa!~!
We are praying for you guys lots..
God Bless Jillian!~!!
Post a Comment