Last night the wind blew hard for most of the night. It blew in a cold front from the Capetown area. The result was rain this morning and a biting wind chill. It was cold, and it was so nice to wake up to the warmth of our coal heater.
Once I got out to Beautiful Gate it was a different story. Those poor babies were bundled up as were the staff. There are heaters in the baby rooms and they take the edge off the cold but it still was chilly.
And I have been wondering why everyone here works behind closed doors. Today I realized why. It keeps the heat in, especially the heat given off by their computers. The warmest office today was the admin office with three computers augmenting the electric heaters.
Meanwhile, in the open or common areas folks were bundled up in toques and parkas. It was one day I should have been wearing my long johns. I never realized how cold I could get when just sitting in a cold room, nor how much I took for granted central heating.
I trekked home today and that helped warm me up. And arriving home to the warmth of our heater was most welcoming after a cold day at the office.
The wind continues to blow, and I will await whether it blows in more cold or something a bit warmer.
Tomorrow I will add more about my trek home. It was an interesting walk.
~ Benno ~
1 comment:
hey did you remember to bring you nose warmer(ha ha). Do you need a hat to(ha ha).You niece
Post a Comment