A while back I had mentioned that the sights and sounds of Lesotho have been less in the forefront of my experience. But earlier this week I was again reminded that I am not in Canada.
I had been dropped off and was walking the last few minutes home. The path led through a small field of tall ripening grass. Across the field, in the grass next to the paved street, were six cows, contentedly munching. They were fat and sleek. Summer has been good.
Then, just beyond and a bit above them, flowing down a side street, came a flock of sheep. Following, with little alternative, a car moved slowly and patiently. I stopped and savored the moment - a quiet, unhurried interlude. "Something I will miss in Canada," I mused, before continuing on with a more relaxed, less hurried step.
~ Benno ~
No comments:
Post a Comment